Frequently Asked QuestionsWe understand that you may have questions about sending your child to a private Christian school. Here are some questions you may be asking. If you have any questions about Faith Christian School, feel free to contact us.
What are the top considerations all parents need to think about when choosing the best school for their child?
1. Choose a school which educates your whole child (mind, body, soul). Your child needs to be trained physically, mentally, and spiritually so that they are ready for all that God has for them in this life and the next.
2. Choose a school which has the right educational atmosphere. Stay away from school where cursing, swearing, bullying, sex education, and pornography takes place. You want to find a school where subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview in a loving and caring atmosphere.
3. Choose a school which is pursuing academic excellence. Avoid schools which change their teaching to follow the latest teaching “fad” jumping from curriculum to curriculum and often changing teaching styles to follow the latest educational craze.
4. Choose a school which provides the best education possible at the best price. No school is perfect, but you want to find a school which makes education affordable to those who truly desire it for their children.
5. Choose a school which is stable, strong, and has a proven track record. Avoid schools which are “brand new” to educating children. FCS has more than 40 years of experience in providing an excellent education with eternity in mind. We have graduates who are serving God around the world in vocational ministry as missionaries and pastors. We also have graduates serving in almost every area of life today including: nurses, police officers, entrepreneurs, lawyers, businessmen, teachers, etc.
Why should I send my child to your school?
This is the question that every parent must answer prior to sending their child to Faith Christian School or any school for that matter. In order to answer this question, please consider the most critical factors to consider when making this decision. Sending your child to any school requires sacrifice, not to mention the importance of choosing the right school because of how it will influence the future of your child. So why choose Faith Christian for your child?
Because of the following:The education
FCS has an education that is “An Education with Eternity in Mind.” This means that all subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview providing an education with benefits the whole person (mind, body, and soul).
While many teaching “fads” come and go, we choose to educate our students using traditional teaching methods. We teach children to read using phonics. Cursive writing is taught in the early elementary years. We use tried and true teaching methods while introducing and utilizing technology at every grade level.The environment
FCS has a safe environment for your child. Teachers pray and care for their students. We use discipline procedures which correct and nurture our students to understand not only the what, but the why for the decisions they make. Students come to school knowing that foul language, bullying of any kind, racial comments, and sexual inuendos are not tolerated. Locked doors, security cameras, access key tags, monthly safety drills, etc. are used to ensure the safety of our students.The educators
Our teachers have more than 100 years of teaching experience amongst our faculty. Teachers know the Lord and freely relate Biblical truths throughout all subjects. All teachers are certified by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International). Our teachers enjoy and know how to teach—providing a loving and caring environment.
Are there any hidden or extra fees?
No, we don’t have any hidden fees. Some schools lower their tuition, but then require fundraising or service hours or giving to a church in order to meet their budget needs. At FCS, we purposely and with great effort keep our tuition as affordable as possible. We do no fundraising. There are no required hours of service or volunteer work. No one is required to attend or give to Faith Baptist Church.
There are extra-curricular activities and opportunities that have an extra cost associated with them, such as piano and instrument lessons, and Middle School soccer and basketball participation, but nothing that is required costs extra. If you compare the cost of even these extra activities, we think you’ll find that they are much less than anywhere else. In fact, if you find an equal program that costs less, please tell us.